Friday, July 23, 2010

Hmmm

Well so much for keeping up with my blog this summer haha. My goal was to try and write a blog whenever I was at work since I work at a desk for hours on end not doing anything. But alas, I spent my time on facebook, wedding sites, Mary Kay, people.com, recipe sites, pandora, photography sites, endless google searches, and twitter. I am currently at work for an 8 hour shift (only 2 1/2 hours to go!) and pretty bored. I have already looked at my "usual" sites and surfed the internet for hours. I have also cleaned out all three of my email accounts and am now listening to Colbie Caillat radio (which I highly recommend if you need calming and relaxing music). :)

When I first got to work this morning I was dreading being here for 8 hours. I knew the hours were going to go by slow and everytime I looked at the clock, it proved that thought. But at about 8:26am (only 26 minutes into the shift lol) while I was day dreaming about later today and the fun I'll be having this weekend, I realized even during these quote on quote "boring" moments, I need to appreciate each moment of life. Sounds cheezy, I know, but think about it. If every moment we're only looking forward to the next, are we really appreciating the moment at hand? And so with that, I decided to just read. I am currently reading "The Rescuer" by Dee Henderson. One of my roomates suggested I read it and kindly let me borrow it. I'm only in the 5th chapter but so far it is proving to be a very good book. I was never much of a reader before, but over the last couple of years have found a new joy in this leisure activity.

With that, I think I'll go ahead and read a little more. :)
Until later,

Noel Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment