Alrighty, let's start off with Friday. I woke up at 6:30 in the morning (don't ask me why, I was planning on sleeping in!)to a wonderful and sweet birthday note written by Jon. I then watched Spongebob Squarepants (never too old for that right?), ate breakfast, took a shower and got ready for a fun day with my favorite guy. :) We started off with coffee in Evergreen and got take-out for lunch from one of Jon's favorite restaurants Saigon Landing. We then headed to St. Mary's Glacier and enjoyed our picnic. Here's a quick picture. I would HIGHLY recommend visiting the Glacier (especially if you live in Colorado). It is only a 3/4 mile hike (a little rocky but nothing too hard) and the views are absolutely beautiful!
After the Glacier, we headed to Black Hawk for me to experience my first time gambling. Let me put it simply...I HATE GAMBLING!!! Haha it stresses me out so much! Why anyone would take joy in letting a machine eat your money is beyond me. Need less to say I only won 15 cents. Haha oh well. However, I did get carded for the first time which felt very monumental for some reason. :)
After my unfortunate casino experience, Jon and I headed back to his house to enjoy a delicious birthday dinner with his parents. Jon cooked my favorite; coconut shrimp, seasoned broccoli (actually I cooked that), and homemade sweet potato fries. And for dessert, a yummy angel food cake with fresh strawberries and light whipped cream! :) Mmm Mmm! We also had a white merlot with dinner and a mudslide for dessert (Kahlua, vodka, and Irish creme)! It was wonderful!
Saturday, Jon had to work from 9am-12:30pm so I decided to read a little, catch up with a friend, watch some TV, surf the internet, work out, and then took a nap outside on the patio. Once Jon got off work, we headed down to Colorado Springs to celebrate my birthday with my family! :) My mom had picked up some delicious food to make chicken fajitas. Yummo! She also arranged for a photo scavenger hunt with the parents on one team and the kids (or should I say young adults haha) on the other. Here are a few pictures.
After the scavenger hunt, we went back to the house to enjoy cake, ice cream, and presents. My biggest present I got this year was from my parents! A new camera!! :)
Here's what it looks like!

Sunday, after church and eating lunch with my mom at the hospital (where she works), we went to see the new movie Inception. GO SEE IT! :) If you like mind-bending movies, you'll definitely enjoy it!
And now here we are on Monday already! I have to head back to good ole Greeley tomorrow for work. This is my official last week at the front desk! YAY!! However, the craziness of football camp and athletic training just begin this week! It's going to be a crazy ride but I'm ready to dive right in to my SENIOR year! Let the games begin! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment