I did, however, have the past weekend off for Labor Day and decided to jet down to Denver to spend some quality time with all my favorite people.
After working a full day of Softball practice and a Volleyball game, I drove down to Jon's sister's house to celebrate Jovian's 1st birthday!! Here are a few pics from the festivities.
The adorable birthday cheesecake. So yummy!
On Sunday, Jon and I went to church and decided to bake a cake for dessert after lunch. We made a gluten-free white cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate drizzled on top. It was delicious! We also spent most of the day hanging out with his nephews and family.
On Labor day I met my parents in Denver. This was the first time I had seen my parents since I had gotten engaged. Needless to say, it was a very needed visit! I got to show off my ring, brag about my cute fiance, and of course.........
TRY ON WEDDING DRESSES FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! Yay!!! It was so fun and I'm so thankful that I got to have that experience with just my mom and dad first. Unfortunately, I can't share any pictures with me in the dresses because I don't want Jon to see, but I will share this one of my mom and I outside of David's Bridal. :)
After trying on around 20 different dresses, my parents and I headed to meet Jon and his parents for lunch. It was the first time both of our parents had been together since we had gotten engaged. :) Overall it was a wonderful weekend!
And now I'm back to good ole Greeley and the insane schedule of getting up at 5:30am and go go go until about 8pm everyday. Haha oh well, life is good and I can't complain. :)
P.S. Quick little fact...
I am getting married to my best friend in 283 days!!!!!! AHHHHH! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment